Welcome to PATHS Woodworking
Dear Parents/Guardians and Families,
PATHS Open House /B-B-Q will be held on Thursday September 29th, at 5:30. This is a great
opportunity for your student to show you around the woodworking shop and PATHS.
The class website http://paths.portlandschools.org/programs/woodworking is a great resource for information, photos, forms and videos.
- Attendance is very important at PATHS. If your student is ill, has a doctor’s appointment or family emergency, you must write a note to PATHS (no phone calls ) excusing them within 5 school days of the missed day. A note to their sending school will not work.
- Dress code: No shorts/short skirts, No open toed shoes, flip-flops or sandals are not allowed, they are a safety hazard.
- I have enclosed the mandatory Health questionnaire, Emergency contact sheet, Learning styles sheet, Safety contract and Photo/web release forms. Please fill them out and have your student return them to me. They are due by Monday. September 12th.
- Parent/Teacher conferences are in November and April. If you can not attend during the suggested times, I will make arrangements to meet at a more convenient time or do a phone conference. Please feel free to contact me before conferences .
- Please, call or e-mail me if you have any questions or comments. E-mail is my favorite method of communication, I usually answer quicker! My phone has a mailbox and you can always leave a message.
I look forward to meeting you.
Woodworking at PATHS
874-8165 e-mail: Irvinj@portlandschools.org