Commercial & Advertising Art
The Commercial & Advertising Art program introduces students to the fields of Graphic Design and Illustration through traditional and digital media techniques from a historical and contemporary lense. There is strong emphasis on learning how to visually communicate clear and creative ideas to an audience through creative problem solving skills. Using the Adobe Suite software, students will have the ability to finalize and produce print ready work including but not limited to logo design, sequential art, character design, book covers, greeting and postcard design, poster advertisements and animated GIFs. Students have the opportunity to gain college credit and live work experience during the program if they are in academic good standing. Students who complete the program will have a portfolio to further their education or enter into the workforce in a design related field.
Is this program a fit?
Creating on a computer using software
Stretching myself to generate many ideas for a project
Using my imagination and expressing myself through art
Using new mediums to create art
Working for extended periods of time
I am able to:
- Be Creative - developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, websites etc.
- Communicate - listening and communicating with clients to support collaborative professional relationships.
- Pay Attention to Detail - when working with clients to determine their creative and time requirements as well as budget
- Receive Feedback - listen and process feedback to develop a product clients are happy with
- Work at a Computer - for extended periods of time
I am comfortable with:
- Critique - sharing and talking about my work with others
- Fine Art - basic art skills
- Interactive Media - using technology such as Adobe creative software to develop innovative designs
- Writing - conveying data and work in a clear, digestible way to clients